The website has been designed to be informative, easy to navigate and accessible to a wide range of users.
The International Power website is optimized to be viewed on either Internet Explorer 4.0 or above, or Netscape Communicator 4.0 or above, at a minimum screen resolution of 800 x 600.
The navigation has been designed to be as user-friendly as possible, allowing all site content to be viewed within the minimum number of mouse clicks.
It is also possible to access pages of the site by using the Site Map.
The bottom toolbar allows easy access to the Site Services available on the website. These features are of use at any point on the site, e.g. Downloads, Alert Service, Site Map.
This navigation provides the basis for accessing the key content areas of the site. The navigation utilises a simple drop-down functionality. The key sections are ‘The Company', 'Investors', 'Media', ‘Commitment’ and ‘Contacts’.
Each of these sections provides the user with a wide variety of content, which can be easily accessed from the drop-down menu. This primary navigation is then supported by the left hand navigation that allows users to drill down to further levels.
Using the Browser Back Button
To return to the previously visited page, users can simply click on the back button of the browser. Alternatively, the user can select the item directly from any of the navigational tools.
In order to access other areas from your current page, simply select another item on the menu.
PDF Files (Portable Document Format)
The website includes a large number of PDF files that can be viewed online or downloaded to view at a later stage. You will need to install Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view these files. To download Adobe Acrobat Reader, free of charge, go to www.adobe.com.
Printing Pages of the Site
If you are using Internet Explorer on a PC then the print icon will be available to print the content area of the page you are currently viewing. As the International Power website is not frame-based, a user can also print pages of the site by clicking on the print button of the browser.
Printing pages from your Browser
To print pages from this website, without using the print icon on your browser, please press 'control + p'(PC) or 'apple + p'(MAC). If you wish to customise your print preferences, please refer to the guidance provided in this section.
Today's computer systems are varied and unique in so many ways that it is important to understand the differences when it comes to printing. It will depend on your hardware, operating system, Internet browser, hardware device managers and printing hardware as to the quality and presentation of your paper copies from the Internet. This document is a small guide containing some hints and options when setting up your computer system to print from your Web browser. As has been mentioned, there is a huge array of computer systems out there, however this document will only focus on some of the major system setups in general use. If you are unsure of anything, please contact your hardware or software vendors, or if available, your computer support personnel.
This document will cover two aspects when trying to reproduce Web content in a printed format:
- Ensuring that the background graphics and colour are printed;
- Maximising the possibility of correctly flowing text printed on the document.
The computer systems that will be covered in this document are Microsoft Windows based PCs and Macintosh PCs, combined with the two browsers, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Netscape Communicator.
Microsoft Internet Explorer is one of the most popular Internet Web browsers in use today. To ensure the correct printing as detailed above, it may be necessary to change some of the print settings.
- From Internet Explorer, under the 'Tools' menu, choose 'Internet Options…'. Alternatively, you can choose the 'Internet Options' icon from your Windows Control Panel because this setting is system wide.
- Select the 'Advanced' tab.
- Scroll down to the 'Printing' section and check the 'Print background colours and images' checkbox to ensure that it is ticked;
- Close this dialogue box;
- From Internet Explorer, under the 'File' menu, choose 'Page Setup…'
- Ensure that the 'Margin' settings (Left, Right, Top, Bottom) are not too large, as this will unduly wrap the printed text;
- Close this dialogue box.
- From Internet Explorer, under the 'File' menu, choose 'Print…';
- From the main print setting drop down box (not the 'Printer' or 'Destination' drop down box), choose the 'Internet Explorer' option
- Ensure that the 'Print Background' check box is ticked, and the 'Shrink Pages to Fit' radio button is selected;
- Close this dialogue box.
Netscape Communicator is still a very popular and widely used Web browser, despite its recent demise. To ensure the correct printing as mentioned above, it may be necessary to change some of the print settings.
- Choose the 'Internet Options' icon from your Windows Control Panel;
- Follow steps 2, 3 and 4 from the above section for Microsoft Windows setup. Note, Netscape Communicator does not allow you to change page margins.
- From Netscape Communicator, under the 'File' menu, choose 'Page Setup…';
- From the drop down box, choose 'Netscape Communicator'.
- Ensure that the 'Print backgrounds' and 'Fit to page if possible' check boxes are ticked;
- Close this dialogue box