Applications to our 2012 Graduate Programme are now closed.
The timing of the selection process will take at least 6-8 weeks from the closing date for applications. We will then invite you to participate in a few recruitment steps so that we can get to know you. While we ask that you be patient during the selection process, we do understand that it is frustrating not knowing when the next step might take place.
Our calendar guide below is intended to help you understand exactly when each part of the process takes place. As you progress through each step of the process we will contact you directly and keep you informed of what is expected next. The search process is an important part of your ultimate placement as it helps us to ensure that you understand our requirements and that we understand your needs and ambitions.
The first stage of the application process is to complete the online application form which can be found in the ‘Apply’ section. Applicants who are shortlisted at this stage will then progress on to the next stage.
Candidates who progress to this stage will be asked to complete a short psychometric test that examines verbal, numerical and diagrammatic reasoning skills. A number of candidates will then be invited to progress through to the next stage.
Please note that candidates may be retested in a supervised environment at a later stage in the process.
The next stage of the application process will be a telephone and/or face to face interview. You will be sent guidelines detailing what to expect and what is expected of you. It is not a lengthy interview but it is intended to help us understand a little more about you and establish what your expectations and aspirations are.
The assessment centre provides the final few candidates with an opportunity to meet key people in the business. It also gives us an opportunity to understand your personal strengths and capabilities. All reasonable local travel expenses will be reimbursed.
The assessment centre provides you with an opportunity to meet previous International Power graduates who are successfully employed within the company.
The 2012 assessment centres will be held at the below dates and locations:
UK Europe Operations and Engineering: 21 and 22 March in Leeds
Corporate Operations and Engineering: 27 March in London
Strategy: 27 March in London
Commercial: 28 March in London
- Applications need to be completed and submitted prior to the advertised closing date.
- You will receive an automated response informing you that your application has been received. Incomplete applications will not be pursued so please ensure that you are able to submit a completed application with all relevant details.
- Should your application be successful in progressing to the next stage, you will be informed via email or telephone. This is the first step in the process.
- You will then be asked to complete a short psychometric test online.
- If you progress past this stage, then you will be asked to take part in a telephone interview and/or a face to face interview. We will forward guidelines directly to you so that you know exactly what to expect.
|February - March
- We will inform you of the outcome of the interview stage and candidates who are successful at this stage will then be invited to attend an assessment centre in March.
|March (21, 22, 27 and 28 March, dependant on stream)
- The assessment centre will provide you with an opportunity to meet senior managers from the business and previous graduates. We will send you guidelines detailing the assessment process so that you know exactly what to expect during the day.
- You will be informed of the final outcome of the selection process. We will contact you directly and send you an offer letter which you need to sign and return to us. Upon receiving your acceptance we will send you a contract confirming your place on our graduate programme.
- You will commence your graduate programme at International Power.
**Please note that the above timeline is indicative and International Power reserve the right to amend or add further steps to the recruitment stages as outlined above.
Most computers will open PDF documents automatically, but you may need to download Adobe Reader.